What is overnight oats?
Overnight oats (OO) is basically oats soaked in the liquid of your choice. Either milk or yogurt, but you can always experiment with other kinds. It is often chilled overnight (hence the name) and usually left uncooked. However you can heat it up if you prefer to. It is perfect for days when you are in a rush to make breakfast, just make it in a jar the day before and it’s ready to go the next day.
You can add any kinds of toppings you want to it. You can add fresh fruits, nuts, dried fruits, peanut butter, etc. Many people also add chia seeds to the overnight oats. Be adventurous and try new additions, you might be pleasantly surprised!
This is also good to put together with your kids, let them play around with their favorite toppings and learn more about fruits and nuts, etc. There’s no or minimal cooking involved, so it’s safe for them as well.
In the following list, there are several sites that provide the recipes for a basic overnight oatmeal, and if can continue from there if you want to create your own personal one-of-a-kind oatmeal. Have fun! Remember, healthy doesn’t mean boring or tasteless!
- Mango Almond Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Blueberry Maple Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Apple Cinnamon Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Banana Cocoa Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Banana Peanut Butter Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Raspberry Vanilla Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Basic Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter OO
- Strawbery Banana OO
- Cherry Chocolate Bomb Vegan Overnight Oats
- Blueberry Vanilla Banana Soft Serve Vegan Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter and Jam Vegan Overnight Oats
- Strawberry Banana Softserve and carob Vegan Overnight Oats
- Banana Split Vegan Overnight Oats
- Gingerbread Pumpkin Vegan Overnight Oat Parfait
- Neapolitan Vegan Overnight Oat Parfait
Basically these are the more popular and interesting creations of overnight oats that I found. However, this list is by no means exhaustive! Get creative and come up with your own favorite recipe.
The picture and recipes do not belong to me but to their respective owner.
P.s: Here’s a link on how to spice up your oatmeal.
Paleo Lunch with Garlic Salted Salmon :)
Tip: Take the fish out about 10 minutes before cooking, so it can come to room temperature (especially at the center). This way, your filet can cook more evenly. For a crunchier crust, turn the fire higher but refrain from putting pepper until off the frying pan because the high heat can scorch the pepper, resulting in a bitter taste.
Ingredients: Garlic salt, Salmon filet & Olive oil
I hate the VS fashion show. Don’t get me wrong, I love Victoria’s Secret and all of its wonderful products. But the fashion show pisses me off… or maybe more how girls react to it. All of the social medias were blown up by girls last night saying…